What do you do, Mort?
there has only been a couple of cat 5 hurricanes to ever hit the states. FEMA is set up in the conference room across from my office at work, it's cool seeing all the people but tomorrow at work is going to be a nightmare!! i hope everyone is safe
What do you do, Mort?
i work for the state but the emergency management department for florida is in my agency, i don't work in that section though, but everyone within the agency has to volunteer to help work when a storm is around.
The whole thing as being broadcast is quite eerie. My cousin lives there, but it appears they have evacutaed already. Did anyone hear that there are still 100,000 people in NO? Gotta pray for them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">see, it was comical the first time...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alright!Originally posted by Toymank:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Peter Hoffman:
New Orleans is sinking man, and I don't want to swim.
Bourbon blues on the street, loose and complete
Under skies all smoky blue green
I can't forsake a dixie dead shake
So we danced the sidewalk clean
My memory is muddy
What's this river that I'm in?
New Orleans is sinking man
And I don't wanna swim
Colonel Tom, what's wrong? what's going on?
You can't tie yourself up for a deal
He said, Hey north you're south shut your big mouth,
You gotta do what you feel is real
Ain't got no picture postcards, ain't got no souvenirs
My baby, she don't know me when I'm thinking bout those years
Pale as a light bulb hanging on a wire
Sucking up to someone just to stoke the fire
Picking out the highlights of the scenery
Saw a little cloud that looked a little like me
I had my hands in the river
My feet back up on the banks
Looked up to the lord above
And said, hey man thanks
Sometimes I fell so good, I gotta scream
She said Gordie baby I know exactly what you mean
She said, she said, I swear to god she said
My memory is muddy
What's this river that I'm in?
New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim
Swim!
saw on the news tonight that a bunch of people are waiting at the sea walls to see how high the waves are. police were trying to get them to leave as the water was spraying over the walls, causing the sand to wash out from behind the wall. they think the wall will crumble and fall from this. People that stay and do stuff like that or have parties are nuts
The waves are high enough to drown your ass. That would persuade me to move on.
The local news just indicated a gas rate hike of $0.20 to $0.30 per gallon...
disaster after disaster. if there's a god it should do something to help or just give it up and turn off the lights. So many people suffer after stuff like this. those small islands and stuff where they dont stand a chance. If its not drought its floods or hurricanes or tornados. Mother Nature is pissed off or something
Bookmarks